Saturday, September 30, 2006

drumming blind....

thursday - haha.. classes got suspended because a signal no.3 storm just entered manila. i already finalized my sched for the day - study for my saturday exam, research for my exams on thursday (45 injuries for hk118, then tennis history), design the poster and flyer for the gig, check my email, surf drumming sites, etc...

i first watched steve smith's dvd, "Drumset technique" from 8 til 11am.. when i finally opened the pc, the monitor flickered, and then darkness came.. argh. and i thought it was just a simple-meralco brownout, but i was wrong... it was caused by the storm mileny0, and would last for hours..

and my beautifully arranged sched went with the wind... with nothing yet in mind to do (nothing better than eating, and eating, and eating..), i slept til 3pm. i read a chapter from Philip yancey's "The Jesus I never knew", when i realized that i won't be able to read later when it gets dark... 5pm, the shadows were getting bigger and denser, darkness finally crawling and piercing the struggling presence of light - but electricity still didnt come... i tried to sleep again, but just found myself desperate...

(i also registered to Unlimitext.. but because of my own stupidity, i wasnt able to use it from 1pm til electricity came back -- my phone didnt have enough battery for some adik texting...)

and darkness finally prevailed... i sat on the bed, took my pillow, then started some rudiments, then some rolls, then some other stickings which were strange even to myself, moving my hands randomly just to kill the boredom inflitrating my sytem... drumming in my snare would be too noisy (the strong winds were noisy enough), and then i realized that i got no other use for my books, so i might as well use them for something - and i got an instant drumpad-set... and the darkness wasnt able to stop the sound that i made -and i didnt know if i already crossed the line from making music to making noise, but whats important to me at that time was that was feeling good.. 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 6:30pm... i didnt notice the time (cant even see the wall clock...), i didnt stop... sadly, i had to eat dinner... oh well..
===============
friday - we had electricity by 10:30 pm last night - i tried to research but the net servers werent working... friday morning, i finished all 4 cds of steve smith's "drumset technique" and played GT-3 on our PS2... i enjoyed the luxury of electricity while places like makati, manila, quezon city, etc were all sulking in the dark.. haha! (n_n)
=============
saturday - saturday morning, when i finally put my feet outside the safety of our house after two straight days to go to UP, was when i realized the intensity of the storm.. electric posts and lampposts alike, with trees of varying sizes, and billboards with their own portrayals of the strangeness of these society - they all found their comfortable place along the streets, hi-ways, rooftops, and everywhere, just to obey the strong whips of the storm that passed. and UP still didnt have electricity this morning, so my exam was cancelled - moved to next week with additional topics... (-_-)
=============

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger



get toggler @ flooble