Thursday, July 07, 2005

>> i signed up last week for the UP Powerlifting Team.. and i attended the app's orientation today...

i drank a good cup of coffee before i headed to school - but i think that was not really the reason why my heart beats faster and faster as i came closer to the UP Gym this afternoon. Signing was pretty easy last week as only a few students signed up to join but i didnt bother to find out who my co-applicants are or where they come from.. and i thought this second part of the application will not be as easier, especially when i didn't have a bit of a clue of what to expect, and what the org will expect of me. This will only be my second org in UP, (with Esbi) if i will be admitted - i decided to join so that i'll atleast have a course-related org during my mind-wrecking stay in UP.

The clocked ticked 4:30 and after a few hesitations while roaming around the gym, i finally proceeded to the weights room. I sat beside a girl - not knowing until later that she was one of my co-applicants.. there were only two of us, when some Powerlifting team members started to arrive one by one.. and still, i didnt know what will become of me. we waited a little longer for the 'others'(if there will be some..) to arrive.. while waiting, thoughts of my 19 unit sem, my chem exam next week, my HK141.2 thesis, my Psych 108 report the following week, my ISCF commitment, my band rehearsals, my busyness, my insanity - haunted my weary mind. Not a long while afterwards, two girls appeared and sat with us - then there were four of us.. i recognized one of them: she was one of my classmates in Biomechanics I, but i didnt really know her, so i didn't react much. Then as a miss approached us four, two or three more applicants appeared. The 'miss', by the way, was the present Powerlifting Team president.. and that was it! i mean, i didnt expect that the 'orientation' would be that simple.. she just told us about what the org expects of us, training schedules, blah blah.. nothing much at all.. and i was glad about it, except for the P20 penalty for training absences for applicants.. whew..

then another miss appeared in the scene - apparently, the vice president of the team while the 'applicant-friendly, welcoming' words came out of the presidents lips, i suddenly 'came to my senses'.. i was surrounded by long hairs - girls.. well, im not a sexist or anything, but i felt dominated.. it was the Powerlifting team anyways.. men are more built for the sport (physically, hormonally, etc..).. gulay.. i didnt realize it until the talk was about to end. gulay.. i was the only applicant guy pala.. wla lang..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger



get toggler @ flooble