Sunday, July 01, 2007

outbursts of a human heart

i want to be a cardiologist...

im obsessed with hearts...im interested about how the human heart functions, how it could improve performance, and whatever-things about the human heart...i am also dreaming of pumping a human heart with my own hands..then, my dad gave me a novel he read when he was still a college student (that was a loooong time ago..haha) and found out that being a cardiologist is a little different from from being a cardiac surgeon..well, i can be both..

anyway, let tomorrow (or the next two to five years) worry about itself...what i have to worry about right now is my thesis..it might be something about cardiovascular function and exercise - - - and doctors...i 'discussed' it with my dad these past few days, and through his help, perculated my thoughts..he also suggested visiting DOH (Department of Health), NEC (National Epidemiology Center), and PHC (Philippine Heart Center). The thought of going to a hospital, particularly to a hospital with whatever-things about the human heart, and to medical institutions made me feel a little chill of excitement..but now, i have "what-if??"s in my head..what if it isn't God's will? what if i have to go to somewhere else? what if i have to practice or explore other things first? what if this..and what if that.. (or, what if im destined to be a bum..??? haha)

being a Christian might be confusing (well, for me at least..). im excited - and at the same time,i am anxious. i like the thrill of not knowing where to go and what to do next, and most especially, i love to trust in Him about my decisions and His will for me, and find out how i would praise Him for His greatness and awesome work - but i still have the desire and urge to know and nag and be anxious about what's next....i still have a lot to learn...not just about how human hearts work and everything-physiology-and-anatomy, but about how my own human heart would act and respond to His will..

may His will be done indeed in my life. Lord, make me count the cost of obedience, and give me strength to endure and persevere for You. The days You have been faithful to me is innumerable. make me learn to trust You more and more.

all for Your glory.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jam said...

Napanood mo ba yung City of Angels? May aprt dun na pinump yung heart na kamay ang gamit.

Ang gross. hehe hindi ko kaya. Kaya siguro ako chem engg.

I'm excited for whatever the Lord is preparing for you billy. I know that the Lord will bless your steadfastness and faithfulness.

Miss na kita. Kape na ulit tayo! (at ice cream)

6:43 AM  
Blogger ~tint~ said...

i remember the first time i literally held a human heart in my hands. kahit na heart lng sya ng kawawang cadaver, momentous pa rin. grabeng reflections din pag-uwi ko...

God bless sa mga plano mo sa buhay. blah, blah, blah, alam mo na naman mga sasabihin ko. =)

miss kita pare. buti naman nagb-blog ka na ulit. nakakatuwa.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger



get toggler @ flooble