Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...argh. The 1st draft for my thesis proposal is due tomorrow..im just taking a "blog-break" from all the crazy related-literature-reviewing and eye-drooling-PC-staring..guess what..i havent started the actual paper yet, but my head is already close to screaming its brain stuff out (you know, the gray and white matter, pia matter, dura matter..etc.), so i took the liberty of having this blog-break..i like this song by Casting Crowns..its musicality is pretty much arguable..the drum section isnt that flashy,but it doesnt matter..its a song, not a drum solo/exhibition..

Praise You in this storm

By Casting Crowns


I was sure by now God you would have reached down
and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen that it's still raining
as the thunder rolls, I barely hear your whisper through the rain, I'm with you
and as your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And i'll praise you in this storm,and i will lift my hands
that you are who you are, no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried you hold in your hand
you never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
you heard my cry-you raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find you

as the thunder rolls, I barely hear your whisper through the rain, I'm with you
and as your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.

[Chorus]

Bridge: I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

[Chorus]and though my heart is tornI will praise you in this storm


..it shows an attitude of true focus on God, our deepest need- true "seeking His kingdom" first..'though my heart is torn, i will praise You in this storm'..it recognizes that the world does not revolve around us..it reminds us that we are to serve God, and not vice versa - to praise Him no matter what..sometimes we tend to complain when things dont go our way, or if it seems that God is "unfair"..we pray, thinking that God will move based only on our shallow words - and then when our 'prayers' arent met, it would be His fault, and we might even think that God should say sorry and redeem Himself because of our disappointments and storms..we should be reminded - be always humble to remind ourselves - of our true state: we are but the work of His hands, and He - He is the God who gives and takes away..we should try to put the words "mercy" and "grace" in front of our materially-saturated eyes, because we depend only in His hands..I also liked the bridge part of the song, because it has one of my favorite-est psalm from the Bible (sa Psalm122 ata..)..maybe we should always try to ask ourselves that question..too bad, those tall buildings covered our view of the hills, the smog replacing the blue sky, and the ashpalt and cement roads covering the earth..too bad..but at least we're always weak and dependent and frail - whatever mask we may wear..its up to us to recognize it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger



get toggler @ flooble