Sunday, October 14, 2007

R-A-N-dom-T-hing-S.. (10/14/07)

- i headed straight to sleep the moment my body felt the warmth of our house and the soft pillows on my bed. im not really sure if i was just sleepy, but i felt so tired after the inter-school competition. Of course, the UP powerlifting team dominated the event, but i really havent done much in my weight class. i gained about 5 to 6 kilograms of body weight - 2 years ago, i was in the 60 to 67.5 kg weight division..and two-years is two years. after that sem (2nd sem,2k6), i didnt train regularly on the first sem of the following schoolyear, which was after my KC, and then i finally became inactive in the team on the 2nd sem. That was because i became so busy on so many things - acads, esbi, church youth, career (naks!) - and, the sport was not in my priority list. wonder why i joined the team? ask me. =) anyway, the last competition i joined before i became inactive was also the annual Inter-school competition. it was my second time to compete in the inter-school. My best record in squat was just at 110kg, my bench press was just 65kg, and my deadlift was 145kg. i competed in the 67.5kg division, with my weight resting safely at 65.8kg. There was just two of us who competed in that weight class, so i won second place (the first placer was also from UP powerlifting team). now, i gained about 5kg after two years of eating and not-training (i remember i did aim to gain weight..now i regret that decision i made to eat more than usual - and i seldom regret things..or i try not to regret anything. - and i also ate two slices of sbarro pizza the night before the competition..just great) - i had bad lifts both on my 2nd and 3rd attempts on the squat, making my record remain at my first attempt which was a mediocre 100kg. i also had a bad lift on my 2nd attempt in the deadlift, and the coach didnt let me reach my previous record, so i settled at 135kg on the deadlift. well, at least the bench press made my day..i thought i wont be able to make it, but thank God, i psyched myself enough and i stopped thinking of anything else when the chief referee made the command on my third attempt. the heaviest weight i lifted in my training on the benchpress was 2 reps of 70kg for 4 to 6 sets. i aimed to lift only 75kg - but the good thing was i had good lifts on all three attempts, with no red flags..i wished i could "transfer" at least one good lift to my deadlift or to my squat just so that i could try to break my previous attempt..but, maybe it was really because i didnt train well enough for the squat and the deadlift..i didnt train with the team for this sem because i had to go home early to give time for my acads and some other things - and on my "solo training" after my classes, i only do max attempts on the deadlift and the bench press - and i didnt give much focus on the deadlift too..futsal became my pseudo-plyometric training and assisted my squat (100kg is an easy rep now compared to my previous days)..however, it also became detrimental to my training because i had less time to focus on the 1RMs - and i cant choose not to "train" for futsal, because a PE class is not really included in a normal training program >_<>stop competing raw.

- i now have a new phone. its a Nokia 1600. im satisfied with a 2100 or my current 3315,maybe because i dont know how to use it, or this is not the time for me to learn something "new". hehe. thank you Lord for the blessings, great (the much surprising 80kg!! yehey!) or small (after about 20minutes of mind-wrecking thought, i finally found out how to turn my new phone on! haha)..i lost 2 phones for two consecutive years in my first 2 years in UP. i hope the curse is really gone.

- i finally made myself start studying/reviewing for NMAT. well, i havent really "reviewed" yet, i just tried answering the NMAT practice sets..i had 35/50 on both of the first two parts (verbal test and inductive reasoning), which was not really good if im targeting at least 90 on the actual NMAT, so please do pray for me.

- i wasnt able to attend our youth's joint fellowship with SOFT..which both has its pros and cons..the competition to some extent also served as a stress-release from acads and youth obligations for me..maybe because my "training" wasnt really that stressful..hehe

- i only have 1 week left before the LDMC camp (the pre-camp is on the 21st)..so help me, God..

- tinatamad na akong i-revise ang aking proposal paper =s (at tinamad na din ako mag-
english..>_< hehe).. wala na din naman kasing gaanong iibahin..madami lang talaga akong hindi na-discuss nung presentation..sayang

- i need new strength for this week and the next..i can really feel the fatigue rounding my body..somebody give me a massage..

- i still have to go to UP until thursday this week - meet with tambayan orgheads tomorrow (monday), exec mtg on tues, and mtg with the VSCA and mainlib admin on thursday..i also have to pass my final paper for my 199, work out my EnviSci subject, file my NMAT forms, buy a token for master (for his drumclinic two weeks ago..! wow..), and get kuyas transcript..then after LDMC, we're having a youth leaders retreat on nov.2 and 3, which leaves me less than a week for my "sembreak"..then i have to give time to study for NMAT..ouch.

- im tired..just thinking about what will happen on the next few days and weeks makes me tired..and i will get more tired..its good to know that amidst of everything that surrounds me for the moment, and inspite of my weakness (not just on the squat..hehe!), He does not change, and that He still holds the world..whatever may happen..good lift or bad lift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger



get toggler @ flooble